Capsule hotels are a pretty new accommodation concept that has come out of Japan. In 1980s Japan when the economy was booming , many office employees worked so late they had no time to go home. Many were willing to pay a small fee for capsule hotels that consisted only of a small sleeping space and shared bathrooms.
These capsule hotels were located in busy commercial districts in Tokyo. That’s how the capsule hotel concept was born. Now it has evolved into something of a novelty hotel concept. Capsule hotels are a pretty new thing in Malaysia and these are some of them for you to check out.
Capsule by Container Hotel
Capsule hotel is located at KLIA2 and it’s a great place to crash during a layover between flights. The entire hotel is made of used shipping containers in a warehouse. Patrons can choose from single capsules for men and women, as well as mixed single capsules. Couples can choose the queen bed capsules. All capsules can be covered with a set of privacy blinds, and bathrooms are shared.
- Address: Landside of Level 1 (CP1), Lot 1 – Lot 5, Gateway@KLIA2, 64000, KLIA Sepang, Selangor.
- Contact no: +60376102020
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://chgworld.com/klia2.html
Capsule Town Hotel
Located in downtown KL, this is a budget hotel option for those looking for a short term stay in the heart of KL. The location of this capsule hotel is really strategic and you’ll be minutes away from attractions like Petaling Street and Central Market.
Every capsule in this hotel looks like the sleeping quarters in a futuristic space ship, which is sure to make science fiction fans very happy.
- Address: 160A Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.capsuletown.com/
Riccarton Capsule Hotel
This capsule hotel in Titiwangsa is great for those that need to have a working space as there’s a dedicated work space here where you can plug in your laptop. Special ambient light in each capsule helps guests keep calm and relax so that they can fall asleep better.
- Address: No.G-1, Wisma Q Titiwangsa,Persiaran Titiwangsa 1,Jalan Pahang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Contact no: 03-4031 5000
- Website: http://www.riccarton.com.my/
The Bed, KLCC
The Bed is one of KL’s latest trendy capsule hotel that caters to tourists who want to be at the heart of KL and experience its lively night life. It’s within walking distance to Suria KLCC, the Petronas Twin Towers and the KL Convention Centre.
The hotel has a bright and cheerful lounge area that features a small library of books, as well as a kitchenette where you can make your own tea and coffee.
- Address: No 12 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia.
- Contact no: +603-2715 2413
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.thebedklcc.com/
Sim Hotel comes with all the basic amenities you’ll need. Those looking to shop in KL’s Golden Triangle can check in to this hotel that’s located in Bukit Bintang. The hotel is clean and simple, with friendly and helpful staff. Each capsule comes equipped with its own entertainment kit which you can use to watch TV or listen to music.
- Address: 107-2, Jalan Changkat Thambi Dollah, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Contact no: 03-9226 1466
M Qube Hotel
M Qube is the only capsule hotel on this list that’s not located in KL. Instead, it’s in Penang and very close to Gergetown. The facilities at this capsule hotel are pretty basic, but you can be assured that it will be clean and comfortable.
This is yet another affordable accommodation option if you’re planning a short food tour up north.
- Address: 22 A,B,C&D, 1st Floor, Jalan Aziz Ibrahim, 11900 Pantai Jerjak Penang, Malaysia.
- Contact no: + 604-641 1999
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.mqube.com.my/index.html
Book your stay online at one of these unique capsule hotels on sites like Agoda, Traveloka and Booking.com so that you can use our hotels cashback promotions to save even more on your next holiday trip.
|Capsule by Container Hotel||Landside of Level 1 (CP1), Lot 1 – Lot 5, Gateway@KLIA2, 64000, KLIA Sepang, Selangor|
|Capsule Town Hotel||160A Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Riccarton Capsule Hotel||No.G-1, Wisma Q Titiwangsa,Persiaran Titiwangsa 1,Jalan Pahang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|The Bed, KLCC||No 12 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia|
|Sim Hotel||107-2, Jalan Changkat Thambi Dollah, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|M Qube Hotel||22 A,B,C&D, 1st Floor, Jalan Aziz Ibrahim, 11900 Pantai Jerjak Penang, Malaysia|
- Romantic Hotels In Malaysia For Your Next Weekend Getaway
Here's our list of romantic hotels in Malaysia you should definitely visit for a romantic…
- 7 Great Taipei Budget Hotels with Ctrip
Taipei is known for its great shopping, wonderful food, and welcoming people, but they also…
- Most Romantic Resorts in Malaysia for A Honeymoon on Hotels.com
Look no further for a fairytale retreat, than to local hides on Hotels.com!