Best Italian Restaurants In KL You Should Visit This Weekend
Fresh, flavourful, and sublimely simple, that is the hallmark of Italian cuisine. Which is no wonder that no matter which part of the world you are in, there is a good chance that you can find a little Italian eatery tucked away somewhere offering beloved classics known across the globe such as pasta, pizza, lasagna, meatballs and so much more.
It should therefore be of absolutely no surprise to anyone that Kuala Lumpur has some fantastic Italian restaurants, and we have compiled a list of some of the best Italian restaurants that you should not miss.
Sassorosso gives customers an authentic Italian Restaurant experience for both the locals and tourists in Kuala Lumpur. You can order a host of dishes which include pizza, fresh Italian seafood dishes, and savoury desserts with a European twist.
Affordable set lunch meals are also available complete with starters and soup. They also let you organise your company annual dinner and private birthday party at the cool ambience of the Sassorosso romantic restaurant.
- Address: 9, Lorong Yap Kwan Seng, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening Hours: Sundays to Thursdays — 12–3PM, 6PM–11PM // Fridays — 12–3PM, 6PM–12AM, // Saturdays 6PM–12AM
- Contact: +60 3-2166 6428
Nerovivo Italian Restaurant offers prompt service and exceptional taste. Built right in the heart of KL City Centre, this is one of the coziest Italian restaurants in all of Kuala Lumpur. Here, you’ll find modern Italian charm, from the service to food that’s as classic as it comes.
When you visit, expect quality Italian foods, fresh ingredients, reasonable prices and an inviting atmosphere for your whole family. The bar serves alcoholic beverages, such as beer, wine, cocktails and soft drinks.
- Address: 3A, Jalan Ceylon, Bukit Ceylon, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening Hours: Daily — 6PM–11.30PM
- Contact: +60 3-2070 3120
MARINI’S ON 57
For an ultra-luxe experience with a breath taking view at a skybar, then Marini’s on 57 is a place not to be missed. The à la carte menu of Marini’s on 57 offers the finest Italian cuisine with dishes comprising of artisan-made pastas, imported beef cuts, and the freshest international seafood air-flown from Italy.
For the more adventurous diners, request a personalised tasting menu from their chef, who will personally prepare some of the restaurant’s signature dishes both on and off the menu that are sure to satiate your senses. Savour Malaysia’s most extensive wine list with our in-house Sommelier, while enjoying the restaurant’s décor by award-winning Italian artist Rosalba Mangione.
- Address: Level 57, Menara 3 Petronas, Persiaran KLCC, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening Hours: Mondays to Thursdays — 7PM–11PM // Fridays to Sundays — 6:30PM–12AM
- Contact: +60 3-2386 6030
Favola means fable in Italian and the experience begins as the diner walks through the open galleries into a rustic Italian setting reminiscent of the renaissance era. The peeling paint on the walls reflects the glories of the past that has unearthed Venice for many centuries. Carnival masks adorn the walls at Favola, depicting the Carnival festival in Venice which is held annually.
In the Venetian culinary tradition, Risotto and seafood has great prominence. Indulge in specialties such as Risotto Nero, a squid ink risotto dish with sautéed lobster, broccolini, lemon rind and cherry tomatoes. Another must-try is the Conchiglioni Marinara al Cartoccio, a seafood pasta dish baked in parcels, tangy tomato sauce, fresh herbs and parmesan cheese.
There should always be room for dessert. Try the Cassata made with rich homemade Vanilla, Strawberry and Pistachio ice-cream. Discover the passion of Italian dining at Favola where bold simple flavours of regional cuisines and great stories are shared.
- Address: Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur, 2, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening Hours: Mondays to Fridays — 12PM–2:30PM // Daily — 6:30PM–10:30PM
- Contact: +60 3-2263 7434
Nestled amongst the shop lots of Changkat Bukit Bintang, Ciccio Pasticcio beckons from its vantage top end of the street, promising hearty, authentic Italian food. The menu is soothing, offering traditional, fresh home-made pastas, fluffy gnocchi, delectable ravioli, and the like, with a variety of seafood, succulent tender beef, chicken and the traditional porchetta thrown in for good measure.
Standing strong on a 14 year history in the same location, Ciccio Pasticcio is one of the very first restaurants on the now illustrious Changkat Bukit Bintang. An open facade in the warm rustic colours of Italy, the restaurant hints of true, spirited Italian fare from the heart.
- Address: 15, Changkat Bukit Bintang, Bukit Bintang, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening Hours: Daily — 5PM–12AM
- Contact: +60 3-2141 8605
Zenzero Restaurant & Wine Bar
Zenzero Restaurant & Wine Bar opened in December 2013 to delight the gourmet palate with its sophisticated and contemporary culinary creations. The name Zenzero, which means ginger in Italian was selected by the founders as a tribute to the versatile spice.
Zenzero is strategically located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. The menu varies according to the season with the desire of always offering both the freshest possible ingredients and a variety of culinary creations. The wine list features a wide selection of Italian wines together with others from all around the world — the perfect accompaniment to your meal.
- Address: A09, Ground Floor, St Mary Place, No.1, Jalan Tengah, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening Hours: Sundays to Fridays — 12PM–1AM // Saturdays 6PM–1AM
- Contact: +60 3-2022 3883
Michelangelo’s Restaurant, Deli and Bar
They are a team of F&B professionals who desire to bring you fresh, delicious and flavourful authentic Italian food in a trendy and upscale casual setting, with a friendly and sincere service. With an instant success and quick acceptance by the consumers in Kuala Lumpur after launching in 2007, the second store followed in 2008 in the trendy development of Solaris Mont Kiara.
Both the stores serve the same menu and they intend to keep it that way, restricting the growth in the number of the stores so that they remain unique and treasured. The team continues to travel the world, discussing and exchanging views with chefs and F&B practitioners the world over so you’re sure to get a unique dining experience.
- Address: Pavillion KL, C3-04-00, 168, Jalan Bukit Bintang, Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening Hours: Sundays to Thursdays — 11AM–12PM // Fridays and Saturdays 11AM–1AM
- Contact: +60 3-2141 1123
We love Italian food just as much as you do and we hope that you take the time to try out these excellent Italian restaurants.
- Korean BBQ Restaurants in KL To Try This Weekend
Korean BBQ is the ultimate comfort food - which is why you should eat it…
- 6 Romantic Restaurants in KL to Romance Your Partner
Want to find a romantic restaurant on KL for a date? Here's a list of…
- Where to Find The Best Sushi in KL This Weekend
Here's where you could possibly find the best sushi in KL.