Chinese New Year Reunion Dinner Restaurants in KL
On Chinese New Year eve, many people travel back to their hometowns for a very special meal. For many, it is the first time they are reuniting with their families for the year. As such, Chinese New Year reunion dinners are never taken lightly. Often mothers will slog in the kitchen, whipping up dish after dish, cooking up a storm.
However, if this year, you want your mom to take a break or cooking for the reunion dinner is just simply too much of a hassle. Here are 4 restaurants in KL that serve up a great Chinese New Year reunion dinner!
Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, Nook
Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral will be offering a prosperous Chinese New Year buffet spread at Nook for an auspicious start to the Lunar New Year!
Nook’s buffet spread features a huge range of dishes specially curated for the celebration of the Lunar New Year. It boasts a stunning array of meat dishes, seafood dishes and vegetable dishes that are made just for the festive season.
The buffet spread carries their signature dishes such as the
- 5 Spice Braised Duck Leg with Young Ginger,
- Cantonese 5 Treasure Steam Soya Sauce Chicken,
- and Chilli Crab with Steamed Mantou.
Other notable dishes include
- Szechuan Style Fish with Pickled Mustard Greens,
- Kung Pao Squid with Dried Chilli and Cashew Nuts,
- Poached Prawn with Shimeji Mushroom and Wolfberries,
- Szechuan Style Beancurd with Minced Beef,
- and Eggplant Vegetarian Tau Kan with ‘Fatt Choy’ and more.
Not to be forgotten, the buffet spread also provides dinners with Yee Sang, a must have for any reunion dinner! As such, Nook’s Prosperity Tuberosum (potato) Salmon Yee Sang will definately take center stage on their buffet line at the DIY Yee Sang station.
If buffet is not your thing, you can choose to dine in private with a set menu and the traditional round table setting. To do so, just make a reservation of one of the tables in Aloft’s event and function spaces. For this option, there are three set menus to choose from, aptly named Happiness, Prosperity and Auspicious. Ranging from 6-courses to 8-courses, these set menus will satisfy the even pickiest person.
- Address: No. 5 Jalan Stesen Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Contact Number: +(60) 3 2723 1188
Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel, Dynasty Chinese Restaurant
For some fine Cantonese cuisine, head down to Dynasty Chinese Restaurant located within Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel this Chinese New Year. Partake in their Festive Menus, enjoy their festive Dim Sum selection or indulge in their timeless Treasure Pots (Poon Choi). You will never go wrong with holding your reunion dinner here!
Their three Festive Set Menus complete with Yee Sang and Dynasty’s fortune pastries are a delight to behold. Each of the Festive Menus emphasises on the use of traditional ingredients to create light and fresh flavors for healthy feasting.
The Festive Set Menus go for RM1,788 to RM3,388:
- with Happiness at RM1,788 nett,
- Fortune at RM2,188 nett,
- and Longevity at RM3,388 nett per table of ten persons.
If you are looking for a smaller set, do not fear.
- Dynasty Chinese Restaurant also offers set menus for couples as well as for smaller sized groups.
- For couples, you can go for the 6 /7-course Double Delight menu which are priced at RM378 nett and RM578 nett respectively.
- For a group of six persons, the 9-course Six Happiness Set is an ideal choice. The Six Happiness set goes for RM1,188 nett.
- While the 7/8-course Prosperity Treasure Pot Sets is suitable for groups of five persons.
- All these menus come complimentary with Yee Sang ensuring that you do not miss out on the traditional tossing of Yee Sang for luck and good fortune.
If you are just looking for Yee Sang, Dynasty Chinese Restaurant offers three deluxe choices, Salmon, Fruity Fiesta and Jellyfish. To jazz it up even further, look to their Premium range which offer up options like Sea cucumber, abalone & pseudo shark’s fin, Abalone, jellyfish, scallop, salmon & lobster and Mini abalone.
Also, if reunion lunch is more up your alley, Dynasty Chinese Restaurant offers a great Dim Sum Lunch. Specially for the Chinese New Year period, they have come up with a range of specially crafted festive Dim Sum. Highlights include Steamed stuffed sea cucumber with seafood paste, Golden dumpling with carrot sauce, Steamed dried oyster with fatt choy dumpling and Taro ball with prawns & salted egg. Each basket of Dim Sum is priced at RM18 nett.
With so much to offer, Reunion dinner at Dynasty Chinese Restaurant will definitely impress your family and friends!
- Address: Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kampung Baru, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Contact Number: +60 3-2162 2233
One World Hotel Petaling Jaya, Zuan Yuan Chinese Restaurant
One World Hotel Petaling Jaya is all set to welcome in the new year with 2 specially curated set menu options (7 or 9-course set menus). Tailored to usher in the Lunar new year with aplomb, the set menus are jam-packed with meaningful dishes meant to ensure that the new year will be a prosperous one. The set menus are aptly named “Happiness, Harmony and Longevity” and conveys the wishes of everyone partaking in the meal.
Each set menu starts off with a colourful dish of Fruit Yee Sang which symbolizes abundance and prosperity. This is closely followed up by traditional dishes such as Braised Seafood Soup with Fish Roe or Double Boiled Abalone Soup with Fish Maw and Sun-dried Scallops. Finish your meal with a sweet bowl of Hot Red Bean paste with Lotus Seed, Lily Bulb and Dried Orange Peel or Zuan Yuan’s signature Nian Gao (glutinous rice cake).
Apart from the set menus, another popular option is their Deluxe Abalone ‘Poon Choi’ Hong Kong Style. A single clay pot filled with delicious morsels, all cooked to perfection. This is a gourmet dish that anyone would fawn over.
The set menus are available for lunch and dinner and prices at RM1,738nett, RM1,988nett and RM2,218nett for a table of ten with a complimentary bottle of wine or a box of Pu Er tea.
- Address: Bandar Utama 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Contact Number: +60 3-7681 1111
Ti Chen Chinese Restaurant at The Saujana Hotel
The Ti Chen restaurant at the Saujana Hotel is all set to usher in the Lunar New Year with three themed Set Menus, named Spring and Happiness, Everlasting Prosperity, and Wealth and Fortune. Each Set Menu features an extravagant spread of specialty gourmet dishes. According to Chef Lim Chee Woi, “This year’s meal packages have been created targeting families and friends of all sizes to foster a year dedicated to promoting family values and comfort, loyalty, warmth, and goodness”.
The three set menu packages are available for five or ten people.
They cover a full range of classic favourites such as
- roasted chicken,
- pan-fried jumbo tiger prawns,
- steamed glutinous rice,
- honey-glazed baked Norwegian salmon fillets,
- braised abalone ten head,
- sun-dried Shiitake mushrooms,
- dried oysters,
- crispy deep-fried Chinese New Year cake with brown sugar, and more.
- Each set menus come with Yee Sang and diners can choose from three different options.
The price for the set menu ranges from RM888 Nett to RM1,688 Nett (5 pax) and from RM1,688 Nett to RM2,888 Nett (10 pax).
- Address: Saujana Resort,, Jalan Lapangan Terbang SAAS,, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
- Contact Number: +60 3-7652 1234
Where would you go for your Chinese New Year reunion dinner?