6 Must Try Halal Restaurants in Singapore You Need To Visit
Singapore is one of the closest holiday destinations for Malaysians, and many of us even have family members living there. The island has many places to eat, and is known for its numerous fine dining establishments. However, not many people are aware that Singapore has a rich variety of Halal cuisine too.
These Halal restaurants have a wide variety of themes and influences, from Thai to traditional Malay and Indonesian touches. Here they are in no particular order:
1.Rasa Istimewa Waterfront Restaurant
Located in Woodlands Waterfront Park, this restaurant serves up your favourite local Chinese dishes cooked fresh and hot. There’s seafood, beef, chicken, vegetables and more. The menu is extensive, and diners who come here after sunset can watch the glittering coast of Johor Bahru right at the dinner table.
- Address: 6A Admiralty Rd West, Woodlands Waterfront Park, Singapore 757445
- Telephone: (+65) 6884 6884
- Opening Hours: Monday- Friday, 2pm-12am; Saturday & Sunday, 12pm – 12am
2. The Dim Sum Place
The Dim Sum Place is not another run of the mill Dim Sum restaurant. Here, their Dim Sum are all unique and created with a local touch as well as with Javanese influences. There are Indonesian curry prawns and the Chee Cheog Fun with Beef Rendang.
The restaurant if often packed, so guests are advised to book ahead to ensure that they get a seat. Bookings should be done at least one day in advance, either through the phone or via their Facebook page.
- Address: 791 North Bridge Road, 198759 Singapore.
- Telephone: (+65) 6655 8787
- Opening Hours: Daily, 11am -2.30pm and 5.30pm to 11pm
Don’t Miss Out On: 6 Romantic Restaurants in Singapore Worth Visiting
3. Hjh Maimunah Restaurant and Catering
At Hjh Maimunah, you’ll find some of the best home style Malay cooking on the island, perfect when you’re in need of comfort food. Food is served in a ‘nasi campur’ or mixed rice style and you can choose side dishes to accompany your plate of steaming white rice. The restaurant is perfect for casual dining, as well as for large gatherings.
- Address: 11 Jalan Pisang/ 20 Joo Chiat Rd, Singapore
- Telephone: (+65) 6291 3132
- Opening Hours: Mondays- Saturdays 12pm to 11pm, Closed on Mondays
If you’re a fan of international buffet spreads, check out Carousel at the Royal Plaza on Scott’s. The first thing that will catch your eye is the fresh selection of seafood sashimi. You can follow this up with various local dishes and finish with a visit to one of their chocolate fountains.
- Address: Royal Plaza on Scotts, 25 Scott’s Road Singapore 228220
- Telephone: (+65) 6737 7966
- Opening Hours: Daily, 6:30am–10.00am, 12.00pm–2.00pm, 3:30pm–5:30pm, 6:30pm –9:30pm
5. Fika Swedish Cafe and Bistro
For those who fancy some authentic Swedish food, Fika offers a menu that features ingredients flown straight in from Sweden. The menu changes with the seasons, but your can expect some common Swedish favourites like Gravlax, Swedish meatballs and lingonberries.
6. Islamic Restaurant
For some tantalizing North and South Indian dishes, you can head on over to Islamic Restaurant in North Bridge Road. The same family has been running this restaurant which was established in the early 1920s.
Today, it’s in the hands of the third generation descendants of the original founder. They’re still happily serving up steaming plates of biryani and naan breads, along with delicious curries.
- Address: 745 North Bridge Road, #01-01, Singapore 198713
- Telephone: (+65) 6298 7563
- Opening Hours: Daily, 10.00am – 10.00pm
If you’re planning to travel to Singapore anytime soon, be it for pleasure or business, remember that you can always save on your meals by checking out online deals. Shopback offers plenty of cashback for food and dining deals, both dine-in and delivery.
What’s your favourite halal restaurant in Singapore?
- 6 Romantic Restaurants in Singapore Worth Visiting
Visit these romantic restaurants in Singapore for a different gastronomic experience.
- 10 Reasons Why Malaysians Should Visit Singapore At Least Once In Their Lifetime
Need an easy getaway for the next long weekend? Look no further than to our…
- Best Italian Restaurants In KL You Should Visit This Weekend
Love Italian food? be sure to check out our list of the best Italian restaurants…