Tea drinking in the late afternoons is a custom that dates back hundreds of years when tea was first introduced to the west from China. The English were among the first westerners to embrace tea drinking in a big way. Today, the culture of drinking tea between lunch and dinner has spread to the entire world.
English tea time isn’t just about great tea. It’s also about the delicious pastries, sandwiches and baked goods that accompany it. Here in tropical KL, there are many cafes and tea houses that offer an authentic English afternoon tea experience. Here are some of them:
The Orchid Conservatory @ The Majestic Hotel
The Orchid Conservatory is one of four dining areas within the Majestic Hotel that offer afternoon tea. The other available locations include the Tea Lounge, the Atrium at the Colonial Cafe and The Drawing Room. Out of these four, the Orchid Conservatory has to be the most beautiful.
The entire area is filled from floor to ceiling with seasonal orchids that are fresh and in full bloom. Their tea set is served in a moon-shaped tray that includes scones, finger sandwiches, eclairs, sweet tarts and local snacks like curry puffs. These are accompanied by a teapot full of freshly brewed Boh tea, complete with cream and sugar on the side.
- Address: The Majestic Hotel, 5 Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening hours: Daily, 3.00pm to 6.30pm
- Price: RM 88++ per person
- Contact no: (603) 2785 8000
TWG is a chain of luxury tea shops in the Klang Valley that carry their own brand of tea blends. Apart from just selling tea leaves and tea drinking facilities, TWG tea serves afternoon tea sets for two at all their outlets. You can choose from their wide range of tea blends that include flower and fruits infused teas. Each set comes with 2 Croque Imperials, muffins or scones, and macarons. You’re allowed to choose the flavor of your macarons too.
Your tea will be served in a gold teapot which is a signature product of TWG. This special teapot keeps your tea warmer for longer compared to regular teapots.
- Address: Pavilion Kuala Lumpur @ Level 2, Lot P2.16.00 & 2.34.01 168, Jalan Bukit Bintang 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening hours: Daily, 2pm to 6pm
- Price RM55++ per set
- Contact no:+60 03 2142 9922
Pastryville is a French bakery with 5 outlets in the Klang Valley and it serves a wide array of lunch and dinner dishes, including mains and pasta. However, they also serve an afternoon high tea tray with a selection of their best baked goods. The set includes some fluffy and light scones that are served with clotted cream and jam. Apart from tea, you can choose to have a coffee blend as an alternative too.
- Address: 1MK Mont Kiara,Lot L1-25 & L1-25A, TINGKAT 1, 1 MONT KIARA,No. 1, Jalan Kiara, Mont Kiara,50450, KUALA LUMPUR.
- Opening hours: Daily, 10am-10pm
- Price: Rm 45 per set
- Contact: +603 62064060
The Lobby Lounge@ The Ritz Carlton
The Lobby Lounge is a luxurious and comfortable setting for having a high tea. Every high tea set is served on a beautiful three-tiered tray. It includes petit gourmet sandwiches, tarts, mini pies, quiches and more. Every set comes with a pot of The Ritz Carlton’s own specially blended tea. Enjoy an afternoon of sheer relaxation and bliss. If you’re fortunate, there will also be a live quartet playing selected classical pieces in the background.
- Address: The Lobby Lounge, Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur, 168, Jalan Imbi, Pudu,55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening hours: 3pm-6pm
- Price: RM80++ per set
- Contact no:+60 3 2142 8000
Harrods Cafe comes from the famous London brand, and their tea time menu is pretty varied. Many people who come here have the three tier Harrods Afternoon Tea Set for 2. The highlight here is the cucumber and chicken sandwiches and the smoked salmon croissants. Diners can choose from an in-house blend of tea, coffee or teh tarik.
- Address: Ground Level, Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur City Center, 50088, City Center, Kuala Lumpur
- Opening hours: 3pm-6pm, Daily
- Price: RM105 per set
- Contact no: +60321651111
Betjemen & Barton @ Pavillion
Betjemen & Barton is a French tea brand that offers more than 100 blends readily available at their stores. High tea sets for two start from RM38 per set and goes up to RM58 depending on the type of tea you choose. Three tier tea sets come with macarons, tarts, sandwiches, puffs and creamy cakes and chicken and egg puff. You can choose from standard loose leaf tea including herbal teas, green teas and red teas.
- Address: P3.01.03 Fashion Avenue 3rd floor, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur,Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening hours: 10am-10pm
- Price: RM35, Rm48 or Rm58
- Contact no:+603-2110 5996
If you’re looking for more discounts on your afternoon tea sessions, keep a look out on dining promotions on sites like Fave. We can help you save even more when you use cashback promotions related to Fave.
- Good Massage Places in KL — They're Easy To Find
We’ve all had days when we straight up crave for a full-blown head to toe…
- Best Places to Get Cendol in KL According to Our Instagram Followers
A few weeks ago, we asked our Instagram followers where they go to get the…
- 5 Best Places In KL For Delicious Steak Below RM50
Steak lovers, it's time to pick out what your favourite steak place is. What is…