How To Make The Best Out Of Your Voice Assistant
Voice assistant software has been around for quite some time. In short, these are artificial intelligence software designed to assist with simple computer-based tasks. Voice assistants are often part of speakers, smartphones, laptops and more. They are increasingly being used in homes and offices around the world.
What does a voice assistant do?
A voice assistant recognizes the user’s voice and can perform certain tasks based on verbal instructions given. These tasks include turning lights on and off, playing certain music, performing translations, giving information about the weather and so on. You can also use voice commands to perform a Google search online.
There are several voice assistants in the market today, including Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant and Cortana among others.
What are the features of these voice assistants?
Voice assistants usually provide link-ups to various apps, such as browsers, music players, weather apps and more. They basically allow you to control these apps using voice command. Therefore, a good voice assistant should provide compatibility with as many apps as possible. Let’s get to know more about each voice assistant software:
Amazon’s Alexa is a software that’s designed to flow seamlessly into your life. It works with a variety of speakers, all of which will connect to the Alexa server to perform virtual and real-world tasks. You can use voice commands to play your favourite music, get a summary of the daily news, make calls, get sports results and so much more.
Here are some of Alexa’s best features:
- Alexa is able to answer questions and perform tasks in succession, meaning that you can give it more than one voice command at a time and it will perform these tasks in sequence.
- Alexa has some of the best compatibility with devices and can connect and control more than 7500 apps, electrical items, software and more. This is significantly higher than all the other voice assistants combined. Thus far, Google Assistant hooks up with about 1000 apps and Siri works with about 50.
- You can create multiple profiles with Alexa, for each member of the family. use your voice commands to set up separate music playlists, and separate payment accounts for things you order online on Amazon.
Where to get?
Alexa works with several speakers, such as this 1Mii A03 from AliExpress.
2. Google Assistant
Google Assistant is sometimes also known as Hey Google. It has been crowned the best voice assistant software when it comes to responding. Not only does it give the most accurate responses, but it also wins in terms of connection speed.
Try these secret commands that not many know about:
- With the latest home software update, Google voice assistant is able to link up with your Google account on your smartphone, and you’ll be able to use voice commands to locate it if you ever lose your phone.
- You’ll be able to send money directly to your contacts via Google Pay as long as you have an account set up. Just use commands like “Hey Google, send RM60 to [insert contact name]”.
- Google assistant has many hidden Easter eggs and can engage in humorous banter with you. If you’re bored, there are many games you can play. Using the command “Ok Google, let me talk to Akinator”, you’ll be able to converse with Akinator, an AI who will guess the celebrity you have in mind by asking you 20 yes or no questions.
Where to get?
Google Home allows you to gain control of many home appliances, like your TV, air-cond, lights and more. This Broadlink RM Mini 3 works with Google Home via Wifi.
3. Apple Siri
Siri has garnered a reputation as being the most widely used Mobile voice assistant. At home, Siri is usually used with the Apple Homepod speaker. With this speaker, you can be confident of a wide deep bass sound that permeates you home, all thanks to Apple’s six microphone array and internal base EQ microphone.
These are some of the things Siri can do that you might not know about:
- Siri has amazing language support and can understand you or your loved ones in 21 languages, whereas other voice assistants can only understand 3 or 4. These languages include Malay, Cantonese and Mandarin in addition to just English.
- Improve your spelling by asking Siri ” Siri, how do you spell [insert word]?”
- Control home appliances via Apple’s HomeKit software, which can be used with HomeKit electrical appliances.
- Create a specialized playlist by telling Siri which songs you like and dislike. Siri will take your opinions into account and recommend music that fits you
Where to get?
The Apple Homepod is available for purchase on Lazada.
Voice assistants aren’t just something you see in sci-fi movies anymore.
These A.I. powered assistants are witty and can interact with you in an organic way. They do not only perform robotic tasks but also provide a source of entertainment. In the past few years, technology has made leaps and bounds and we can’t wait to see what the future of voice assistants has in store!
Whenever you shop for voice assistant speakers online, remember that there are promo codes to help you save and keep costs down. Shop voice assistants with Shopee, AliExpress and Lazada. Don’t forget to shop through ShopBack for cashback!
- Google Bans Huawei: What Does It Mean For You and Me?
Google bans Huawei. But what does it actually mean for the average consumer? Will Android…
- Your Cheat Sheet To The Best Tech Deals On ShopBack This Week!
Do you love tech? Do you love a good deal? If you answered yes to…
- This Is What Makes AliExpress Just Amazing....
Make smarter choices but pay less!