6 Public Pools in Kuala Lumpur You Can Use For Cheap
Swimming is a healthy aerobic exercise that has plenty of benefits, including preventing heart disease and keeping your weight in check. Pools are also a great place to cool down with friends and family, especially on a hot day. However, not all of us are fortunate to stay in condominiums or homes with a swimming pool readily available.
Therefore, it would be good to take note of where the public pools are located in your neighborhood. Usually, no membership fee is needed, but some places do charge a very small entrance fee. These are 6 public swimming pools around KL you can visit:
|Chin Woo Stadium||Jalan Hang Jebat, City Centre, 50150 Kuala Lumpur||From RM 2.50|
|National Aquatic Centre, Bukit Jalil||L2-E-10, Enterprise 4, Aras 2, Technology Park Malaysia, Lebuhraya Puchong Sg. Besi, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Seri Petaling||From RM 4|
|Kuala Lumpur Swimming Complex||Jalan Yaacob Latif, Bandar Tun Razak, 56000 Kuala Lumpur||From RM 2|
|PJ Palms Sports Centre||1 Lorong Sultan, Seksyen 52, 46200 Kuala Lumpur||From RM 4|
|3K Complex Swimming Pool||Jalan Kewajipan, SS 13, 47500 Subang Jaya||From RM 3|
|Marina Putrajaya||1, Jalan P5/5, Presint 5, 62200 Putrajaya||From RM 3.20|
1. Chin Woo Stadium
This indoor stadium is run by the private Chin Woo Athletic Association, and they have a pool area that was constructed in the 1950s. It was given a new face lift in the 1980s and is still in good condition today.
Prices are as follows:
- Temporary members (aka visitors) will be charged a minimal entrance fee RM 4.30 on weekdays and RM 5.30 on weekends and holidays.
- If you’re a normal/sponsored member you can get in for RM 2.50 on weekdays and RM 3.50 on weekends and holidays.
- If you’re below 18, you get to pay only RM 2.50 on all days.
- And if you’re a permanent member (or a spouse of someone who is a permanent member), you get to go in free.
Apart from the pool, this sports and community centre located near Petaling Street also offers Ping Pong and Badminton sessions. There are also various art classes and lion dance classes for children and adults.
How To Get To Chin Woo Stadium:
- Address: Jalan Hang Jebat, City Centre, 50150 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: Weekdays, 2.00pm to 8.00pm ; Weekends 9am – 8pm
- Phone Number: 03-2072 4602
2. National Aquatic Centre, Bukit Jalil
This pool is located in the National Sports Complex in Bukit Jalil and is easily accessible by LRT. It was completed in 1998 as in time for the Commonwealth Games that year. The public are not allowed to use this pool when there are official tournaments going on.
However, on normal days anyone can use the pool for a small fee starting from RM 4 for children an RM 6 for adults. This is one of the few Olympic size swimming pools in KL and it comes complete with 8 lanes.
How To Get To National Aquatic Centre, Bukit Jalil:
- Address: L2-E-10, Enterprise 4, Aras 2, Technology Park Malaysia, Lebuhraya Puchong Sg. Besi, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Seri Petaling
- Opening Hours: Tuesdays to Sundays, 8am – 10pm
- Phone Number: 03-8992 0888
3. Kuala Lumpur Swimming Complex
Also know as Kompleks Renang Kuala Lumpur, this public pool is located in Permaisuri, Cheras. It’s just opposite HUKM (UKM Hospital) and very easy to spot as it’s always brightly lit at night. This pool is allegedly one of the cleanest in KL, and very popular with the working crowd who come here after work and stay until dark.
The Kuala Lumpur Swimming Complex has one of the cheapest entry fees on this list, it only costs RM 2 (adults) and RM 1 (children) to get in on weekdays, and RM 3 (adults) and RM 2 (children) on weekends and public holidays.
How To Get To Kuala Lumpur Swimming Complex:
- Address: Jalan Yaacob Latif, Bandar Tun Razak, 56000 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: Weekdays , 2pm – 9pm ; Weekends, 9:30am – 9pm
- Phone Number: 03-9131 6353
4. PJ Palms Sports Centre
PJ Palms Sports Centre is a privately run pool in Petaling Jaya and they’ve been open since the 1960s. Visitors are charged a fee of RM 6 per entrance (full pricing as shown in the table below), and there are two pools. One pool is an 8 lane adult pool and the other pool is a shallower version for children.
There are towels, swimwear and lockers available for rental, as well as a cafe where you can find refreshments after a good workout.
|PJ Palms Sports Centre’s Price Category||Weekdays||Weekends & Public Holidays||Night|
|Adults||RM 6||RM 7||RM 9|
|Children – below 12 & Senior Citizens above 55||RM 4||RM 5||RM 6|
|People with Disabilities||RM 3||RM 4||RM 5|
|Locker||RM 1||RM 1||RM 1|
How To Get To PJ Palms Sports Centre:
- Address: 1 Lorong Sultan, Seksyen 52, 46200 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: Daily, 8am – 10pm
- Phone Number: 03-7960 7919
5. 3K Complex Swimming Pool
Located in Subang Jaya, this sports complex has three pretty sizable pools that have just been refurbished in 2016. There’s an Olympic size pool, a smaller pool with seven lanes and a children’s pool. Visitors are allowed in for two hour sessions each and entry fees start at RM 3 (on normal days) and RM 4 (on public holidays) each.
Note: on Wednesdays, from 4pm – 10pm, the pool is reserved for women and only women lifeguards will be on duty.
How To Get To 3K Complex Swimming Pool:
- Address: Jalan Kewajipan, SS 13, 47500 Subang Jaya
- Opening Hours: Daily, 9am – 9pm
- Phone Number: 03-5636 9233
6. Marina Putrajaya
Run by Marina Putrajaya Sdn Bhd, this community sports center has runs the only indoor pool that allows visitors to swim for sessions lasting two hours and 45 minutes each. Entry fees are RM 3.20 for children under 12 and RM 5.30 for adults. This pool caters to those staying in and around the Putrajaya area and offers several other sports facilities too.
How To Get To Marina Putrajaya:
- Address: 1, Jalan P5/5, Presint 5, 62200 Putrajaya
- Opening Hours: Daily, 9am – 10pm
- Phone Number: 03-8888 5539
Swimming is one of the most fun workouts you’ll ever get. Get the latest and best swimming gear from merchants like Lazada (up to 11% cashback), 11street (6% cashback), Adidas (4% cashback), Nike (7% cashback, was 2%) and earn some cold hard cash while you’re busy keeping fit! On top of that, get greater discounts when you use Lazada coupons and 11street vouchers.