Unique Hotels In Southeast Asia That Are Out Of This World
Money fills your pocket but adventures fill your soul. The wildest adventures begin at unique hotels in Southeast Asia that are totally out of this world. Ignite your wanderlust with these wondrous places that will leave you speechless, then turn you into a storyteller.
1. The LEGOLAND Hotel, Malaysia
Look out for the brightly coloured LEGO bricked hotel across the horizon of Iskandar Puteri, Johor. It’s the one and only LEGOLAND Hotel Malaysia, the first in Southeast Asia. Located right at the entrance of LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort, it is simply out of this world. Be greeted by the spectacular dragon-guarded front entrance and gigantic sized LEGO characters at the back entrance pillars of the hotel.
Step into the lobby and be swept away by the ceiling-high pirate ship for sea-worthy LEGO adventures. Right next to it is a majestic LEGO castle complete with a moat of LEGO bricks and drawbridge to excitement within. So, kids go crazy at the endless treasures and bricks all around. Playtime begins even before they get to the guest rooms.
Best of all are the LEGO themed rooms. Select from Pirate, Adventure, Kingdom or Ninjago themed rooms. The entire room is decorated to spark your imagination. They bring guests to a world of swashbuckling pirates, powerful pharaohs, brave knights or Ninjago heroes. When parents need privacy, each room is cleverly designed with 2 separate sleeping areas. So, kids have their own sleeping quarters. There’s also a treasure hunt you can play in your room to unlock a bonus souvenir!
Just outside the hotel is a world of awesome adventures at LEGOLAND theme park, water park and SEA LIFE Malaysia.
- Address: No 7, Jalan Legoland, Bandar Medini, 79250 Iskandar Puteri, Johor, Malaysia.
- Website: https://www.legoland.com.my/legoland-hotel/hotel/
- Prices: from RM906.00 for hotel bookings on Hotels.com. Check out Hotels.com promo code for extra savings.
2. Seaventures Dive Rig, Borneo, Malaysia
Titanic. Not the legendary ship but the sheer size of Seaventures Dive Rig sited close to Sipadan, Borneo. The rig is a scuba diving platform and resorts equipped with comfy rooms, excellent service and dining experiences. Undoubtedly, the diving here is world-class.
The Rig welcomes guests to countless hours relaxing on the deck and appreciating the awe-inspiring views of the Celebes Sea. The secret is to head for the highest vantage point on the sundeck to capture the best views of stunning sunsets and horizon beyond. Also, guests can hire a boat and sail to Mabul Island close by to check out the local sights.
Further, guests enjoy the unlimited optional house reef dives. Delicious culinary creations on board, well-appointed guest rooms and sea all around. It’s little wonder that Seaventures is ranked as one of the world’s best dive destinations by the diving industry.
- Address: Off Mabul Island, Mabul Island, Semporna, 88300, Malaysia.
- Website: https://seaventuresdive.com/
- Prices: from RM370 per person per night. Special rates apply for Malaysians. Bookings are available on Agoda. Make every cent count with Agoda promo code and enjoy more discounts.
3. Ocean Suites, Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore
Move over Nemo. Just keep swimming. Dory. The Ocean Suites at Resorts World Sentosa will blow your mind, literally out of the water. There are 11 exclusively designed suites with living area, outdoor patio and Jacuzzi on the upper level. The amazing bit is ‘under the sea’ on the lower level where guests enjoy an underwater view of over 40,000 marine fishes. So, the suites are brilliant for families with ocean-loving kids or couples who love underwater staycations.
Further, the Ocean Suites offer guests 5-star comfort and personalised butler service in an underwater sanctuary touted to be one of the world’s largest aquariums. Just beyond the suites are the famous S.E.A. Aquarium and Adventure Cove Waterpark for more aqua adventures.
When suites sound a little too pricey, there are one-night sleep-away camps organized at selected times of the year. They are perfect for families to enjoy a sleepover at the aquarium. It’s ideal for little ocean explorers to learn about marine life, how to protect the ocean and dream of fishes when they sleep in camp.
- Address: Resorts World Sentosa – Ocean Suites, 8 Sentosa Gateway, Sentosa Island, Singapore 098269
- Website: https://www.rwsentosa.com/en/hotels/ocean-suite/overview
- Prices: from RM4,460.00 on Booking.com. Keep a lookout for Booking.com discounts and stay for way cheaper.
4. The Lighthouse Marina Resort, Subic Bay, Philippines
Home is where the light is. So true with The Lighthouse Marina Resort, a triple-storey, 34-room boutique hotel capped by a magnificent Lighthouse tower. Rising 20 metres into the sky, the light tower is a beacon of light for boats out at sea and an iconic landmark located along Waterfront Road. Set within a lighthouse, the hotel offers travellers a unique hotel experience.
Better yet, the resort that faces Subic Bay is 10km to Fort Wint and 12km to All Hands Beach. Guests also enjoy dining at their famed restaurant with outdoor seating available. Plus, music and drinks by the bar by night. For the more adventurous, yacht cruises are available at the resort upon request.
- Address: Central Business, Block 4, Lot 1, Moonbay Marina Complex, Waterfront Rd., Subic Bay Freeport Zone, 2222 Zambales, Philippines
- Website: https://www.lighthousesubic.com/
- Prices: from RM557.00 on Expedia. Look out for Expedia vouchers for more savings.
5. The Crazy House, Vietnam
Sleeping in themed rooms designed inside a tree trunk. Sounds crazy? But it’s true. The Crazy House or Hang Nga Villa in Vietnam was first built in 1990 and expanded with more architectural craziness through the years. Acclaimed as a uniquely, odd architectural work of Dalat City, The Crazy House is listed as one of the world’s 10 strangest buildings in the world by Business Insider.
Guests can select from ten themed rooms like Kangaroo, Tiger or Bear that artistically capture the beauty of wood and natural landscapes. So, roaming in and around The Crazy House is an experience in itself. Its baffling array of walkways and corridors challenge you to explore further and beyond. Moreover, tourists love this place, crazily enough.
- Address: 03 Huynh Thuc Khang Street, Ward 4, Dalat City 67000, Lam Dong, Trần Phú, Phường 4, Da Lat, Vietnam
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CrazyHouseDalat/
- Prices: from RM162.00 on Hotels.com. Never miss out on a promo again when you use Hotels.com promo codes for discounts.
6. Green Village, Bali, Indonesia
Travellers love Bali for its wonderful beaches, forested volcanic mountains, coral reefs and natural surroundings. Now there’s one more reason to visit Bali. Green Village in Bali welcomes guests to bespoke luxury bamboo villas and exotic homes built in harmony with nature. Further, each villa opens out to panoramic views and peaceful waters along the Ayung River Valley of Bali.
An architectural surprise. A relaxing retreat. The abundant use of bamboo and sustainable materials in every home reconnects you with nature. Moreover, bamboo remains cool in every type of weather. Everywhere you roam in the village is an insta-worthy moment worth capturing. Better yet, Green Village is located close to the beaches on the southern coast and art community of Ubud.
Due to the popularity of Green Village, rates and availability are available upon enquiry online.
- Address: Jl Tanah Ayu, Sibang Kaja, 80352 Badung, Bali, Indonesia
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/greenvillagebali/
How To Travel To The Most Unique Hotels
The easiest way is to fly there and make hotel bookings online. If you’re eyeing that unique hotel, go ahead and book it! After all, you only live once, and life is about making the best of what you have. You might even discover something new on your trip!
Tell us more about the unique hotels you’ve discovered below!
Featured image credit: The Crazy House | Facebook
So, get the best rates on flights and travel on Agoda, Booking.com and Expedia. Further, don’t miss out on more savings and remember to go through ShopBack for up to 6% cashback. Work. Travel. Save. Repeat.
- 6 Cheap Travel Destinations In Southeast Asia You Haven't Been To
Think Asia only has Bangkok or Ho Chi Minh? Travel to these places to broaden…
- Head To These Music Festivals Around The World With Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Whether you are the hardcore party person or avid festival-goer, you absolutely have to check…
- Enjoy Hilton Hotels & Resorts' Prime Locations While Tripping Around Asia!
From bustling business hubs to gorgeous beaches, Hilton Hotels & Resorts is located in the…