Marketplace & Lifestyle
- #RamadanRush: Last Minute Deals -
Top Travel Deals!
- Let's #BalikKampung -
Fashion & Beauty
- Ada Raya, Ada Gaya -
Home, Food & Electronics
- ✨ #BrightenUpMyHome: A Blessed Home For A Blessed Month ✨ -
Celebrate the arrival of Hari Raya Puasa with the Hari Raya Promotion
After the solemn month of Ramadan comes Syawal. This is when we kick off the Hari Raya Puasa celebration. Hari Raya Puasa is one of biggest commemoration in Malaysia with the another one being Hari Raya Haji. It is a time where people all over Malaysia gather around to get together. People from all over, no matter where they might be, will head back home – or more commonly known as ‘balik kampung’ – to their family home in time for Hari Raya Adilfitri. They will then catch up and rekindle lost connections and seek forgiveness for past digression whilst they bask in the upbeat ‘suasana Hari Raya’, literally translated as the upbeat atmosphere of Hari Raya, filled with cheer and joy. For the young, Hari Raya means getting green packets from their elders. This part of Hari Raya Puasa has brought smiles to many children’s face and it just adds to the merry atmosphere of Hari Raya. To foodies, Hari Raya brings to them an opportunity to feast on some of the finest Hari Raya delicacies. There’s too many to count with the popular ones being Rendang, Lemang, Ketupat, Lontong and Lodeh. The celebratory mood is enough reason for many to let go and truly feast – because it comes once a year and it is so worth it! Another great thing that Hari Raya offers is the bazaars that pop up in the weeks leading up the Hari Raya. There are tons to for you to buy at these bazaars. People will flock to these retail bonanzas to get all the Hari Raya necessities. Speaking of which, ShopBack also has a bazaar of its own this Hari Raya where you can shop and enjoy a discount on a promotion or a sale – the ShopBack Hari Raya Promotion. So come on board if you’re looking to take your Hari Raya shopping online!
Enjoy a great Hari Raya discount with a Hari Raya sale
In the weeks leading up to Hari Raya, there are a lot of things you definitely would want to get. From new clothes, home fittings to kitchen equipment so you can whip up some of those delicious Hari Raya goodies, all of these are surely in everyone’s shopping list. All of these are going to cost you money. This can get quite tricky too, because you will also need to set aside money to give to the young ones who are looking forward to their share of the green packets. This is why you should do your shopping with ShopBack because the Hari Raya Promotion has a sale or discount for any of your Hari Raya shopping needs. You can save from the many Hari Raya deals or slash those prices with a Hari Raya promo. Have the best Hari Raya shopping experience with ShopBack and all the value it brings you.
Hari Raya shopping delivered affordably with a discount during the Hari Raya sale
So you’re looking to do some Hari Raya shopping? But are you ready to navigate the bazaars and shopping complexes filled to the brim with people looking to do their very own Hari Raya shopping? Are you also ready to deal with the congestions in the road? Howabout the incessant amounts of walking that is involved? Well if you’re not then why not take your shopping online and get it delivered straight to your doorsteps. No walking, no travelling and no crowds. Your finger will do all the work for you. A few clicks and presses here and there and you have at your disposal an extensive list of online stores for all your Hari Raya retail needs. No matter the weather, rain or shine, any time of the day, you can browse and purchase at the extensive list of stores at your own leisure. Plus, the Hari Raya discount you can get from a Hari Raya sale is definitely icing on the cake – so please do look out for a promotion before shopping!
Shop during a promotion and get your home game on point
There will be a lot of visiting going around during Hari Raya. That will probably also mean there will be a lot of visiting to your house. This will also probably mean your house needs to look in its tip top shape. For that you will have to do some home improvements. A welcoming home is one of the best ways for your to extend your Hari Raya greetings. Lucky for you there are a lot of deals from many online stores that are holding a promotion or sale or two to help you save on all these. Do your home a favour and give it an extreme makeover, home edition, by taking advantage of a Hari Raya discount with a sale.
Impress your friends with homemade Chicken Rendang and Biskut Raya.
Now that your home is nice and welcoming, it’s time to feed your guests. There’s nothing that would make your guest feel more welcome than a warm homecooked meal from Malaysian recipes that honor Malaysian traditions. Although making food takes more effort, your guests will appreciate you going the extra mile. Plus, it does not have to be too complex. Here are two simple recipes you can try out.
Chicken Rendang Recipe
With all the hoo-ha about MasterChefUK eliminating a Malaysian born contestant as her Chicken Rendang was not crispy, there is no better time to make Chicken Rendang. In addition, Chicken Rendang is traditionally served at ceremonial events to honor guests. As far as chicken recipes go, Malaysian Chicken Rendang is a Hari Raya favorite. Tender chicken is cooked in a delectable stew infused with spices and coconut milk. The result is a richly flavored dish that is usually prepared alongside a Nasi Lemak recipe.
This Chicken Rendang Recipe serves 4 and takes about an hour to prepare and serve.
- 500g Chicken breasts or thighs that are boneless, deskinned and cut into cubes
- 78ml of Corn Oil
- 1 stick of Cinnamon
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Star Anines
- 3 Pods of Cardamom
- 1 Stalk of Lemongrass, white portion and cut into strips
- 237ml of Coconut milk
- 237ml of Water
- 5 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 5 Tablespoons of roasted Kerisik (grated coconut)
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar for flavor
- Salt for flavor
- 6 Bulbs of Shallots
- Galangal (1-inch piece)
- 3 Stalks of Lemongrass, white portion only
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- Ginger (1inch piece), peeled
- 10 Dried Chilies (chili arbol) with seeds
- Take all Paste ingredients and blend them well in a food processor.
- Heat up the oil in frying pan and then throw in the Paste, cloves, cardom pods and Star Anise.
- Fry until fragrant.
- Throw in lemongrass and chicken and stir well to blend it with the spices
- Put in water, coconut milk and simmer with medium fire.
- Keep stirring until chicken is cooked.
- Finally, put in the kaffir lime leaves, roasted coconut and mix well with chicken.
- Turn down the fire and close the lid.
- Simmer for 30 minutes and cook until chicken is tender and liquid has evaporated
- Add salt and sugar for flavor to taste.
- Plate and serve promptly.
Alternatively, for hassle-free hari raya dishes, you can order from our food delivery merchants such as Foodpanda. Foodpanda allows you to order from the best restaurants in your area – right to your doorstep. The process is simple, simply download their app or use their website to start ordering your food!
Biskut Raya Recipes 2018
What’s Hari Raya without Biskut raya and Kuih Raya? Whether you favor more traditional recipies or more modern ones, there’s always room for these sweet treats. We will be sharing two recipes for biskuts you can serve to your friends for dessert.
Biskut Raya Traditional Recipe – Cornflakes Cookies / Cereal Cookies
- 2-3 cups of Thick Cornflakes (Coarsely Crushed)
- 200g of Butter (Salted)
- 150g of Sugar (Fine)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 300g of All Purpose Flour
- 30g of either Corn Flour or Starch
- Mini paper cookie cups
- Crush the cornflakes into a bowl using a flat-bottomed cup
- Sieve the cornflakes and put the cornflakes aside
- Whisk the butter and sugar until it becomes white and creamy
- Slowly add in vanilla essence and blend well
- Lightly beat the eggs and throw this into the mix
- Add in the floor and slowly fold in corn flour while ensuring that it does not stick to the bottom of the mixing bowl.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Arrange the mini cookie cups on your baking trays
- Take a tablespoon of cookie dough and slowly roll into onto the cornflakes
- Place the cookie dough into the mini cookie cups and lightly press the dough in to shape it
- Bake for 25mins or until the cookies turn golden brown
- Remove the cookies from tray and allow them to cool for about 30 mins
- Keep the cookies in an air tight container
Biskut Raya Moden Recipe – Cappuccino Semperit
- 240g of salted butter
- 80g of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 4 teaspoons of coffee paste
- 220g of low protein flour
- 80g of corn flour
- 25g of ground almonds
- 70g of almond nibs
- 70g of chocolate chips
- Beat the butter and icing sugar until it has a fluffy texture
- Mix in the coffee paste and vanilla essence
- Mix in the flour, corn flour ground almonds
- Place the cookie dough into a piping bag
- Pipe into desired shape on baking tray
- Sprinkle almond nibs and chocolate chips onto the cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked.
Alternatively, if you would like to get more food for the guests, you can order from our food delivery merchants such as Foodpanda.
Get Insta-worthy with discounts during a sale or promotion!
There’s no better joy you can feel in the month of Syawal than donning on your brand new pair of Baju Kurung and then strutting your stuff! Get yourself a few pairs enough to last the whole week by getting a discount during a sale. Turn heads and look your best as you look to add a little colour to the already merry atmosphere of Hari Raya. It’s Hari Raya after all and what better way to celebrate than looking your best.
Shop more with Hari Raya promotions and cashback with ShopBack
ShopBack is here to bring more joy to your Hari Raya. Aside from saving from a Hari Raya offer or two, you are afforded the luxury of another way to save on your Hari Raya shopping. You can get rewarded with cashback for your purhases when you shop during the Hari Raya promotion with ShopBack. And even better still, you can add on to the discount from a Hari Raya promotion with cashback for even sweeter amounts of saving. All it takes is just a click through and you’re on your way to greater value. So remember to shop with Shopback because you will be better off!
Find the latest deals and offers at ShopBack
ShopBack not only rewards shoppers like you with cashback. ShopBack also serves as a great platform for you to get the latest deals and promotions for not only the Hari Raya Sale, but also for offers from the most popular of merchants such as Fave and Expedia. Stay connected to start saving now!
Articles You Will Like This Hari Raya
- Where to Find Hotel Deals for Raya With The Family: Secure your hotel accommodation now rather than waiting till the very last minute. Here are just best hotel booking sites so that you can score the best deals and enjoy incredible cashback on your hotel room rates.
- Hari Raya Balik Kampung: Best Deals to Go Home: Travel fares prices are bound to be expensive when everyone's heading home at the same time. These fares will only increase as Hari Raya draws closer. If you're looking for a good deal, the best time to book your way home is now.
- Affordable Baju Raya from Zaloraya 2017 You'll Want This Year: Some apparels you should definitely get from Zalora to nail that runway look this Hari Raya.